Music by Syafiqah ‘Adha Sallehin
Zhong Yi Tian Ming Miao
(忠义天明庙) was set up in 1996 as a “United Temple” to house smaller temples under one roof when they were all resettled by the Housing Board. These were Tien Kong Tang Temple, Kong Beng Tong Temple Association, Tiong Ee Kwan Temple, Leong Tian Temple and Wu Hong Yan Kong Temple.
A village temple in the vicinity of Jalan Hwi Yo, Tien Kong Tang was founded in 1941 to pray for the protection of the surrounding villages against invading Japanese soldiers during World War II. However, the deities from Tien Kong Tang were moved in 2018.
Sam Mui Kuang Pottery (三美光陶艺) was once located next to this site, where the flatted factory now stands.
There used to be around 16 dragon kilns in 1950s and 1960s – 14 on the mainland and two on Pulau Tekong.
Just two dragon kilns remain today and both are located in Jurong.
Dragon kilns originated in China more than 3,000 years ago. Built with bricks and earth, the kilns resemble the long sinewy body of the mythical beast.
bus stop opp blk 127 serangoon north ave 1
Sample Opening Hours: 1234-5678
At Blk 554, take Bus 315. After 3 stops, alight at ‘Opp Blk 127’.
Play the track as you walk along the football field. Continue walking straight towards Chuan Hoe Ave, in the direction of Japanese Cemetery.
Or click the map for Google Maps, which will show a longer route.